Arrowstone Archaeological Research and Consulting Limited (est. 1999) is a full service archaeological and heritage consulting firm based in Port Moody, British Columbia. Arrowstone specializes in:
- Archaeological Impact Assessments (AIA)
- Archaeological Inventory Studies (AIS)
- Archaeological Overview Assessments (AOA)
- Preliminary Field Reconnaissances (PFRs)
- Mitigative excavations
- Monitoring of developments
- Lithic analyses
- The recording of interior and coastal Culturally Modified Trees (CMTs)
- The recording of historic and prehistoric sites on the coast and in the interior of British Columbia
Big or small, Arrowstone can handle all your archaeological needs. Arrowstone has worked on numerous projects that have successfully been issued Environmental Certificates by the B.C. Environmental Assessment Office (EAO) including:
- Whistler Nordic Centre
- Galore Creek Copper-Gold-Silver Project
- NaiKun Wind Farm
- Kwoiek Creek Hydroelectric Project
- Upper Lillooet Hydroelectric Project
Arrowstone has also worked on a number of projects that are currently in the pre-application stage or are under review at the B.C. Environmental Assessment Office (EAO) including the following projects:
- Garibaldi at Squamish
- Hawkeye Energy Corporation Green Energy Grid Project
- Ryan River Hydroelectric Project
- South Meager Geothermal Project
Many of these projects have also been the subject of CEA screenings as well.
Arrowstone has also worked extensively on much smaller projects helping private property owners seeking to renovate/replace their existing residences in culturally sensitive areas such as in Crescent Beach, in Beach Grove, and on Galiano Island.
Arrowstone is committed to providing its clients quality assessments at a competitive price that will satisfy the requirements of all of the stakeholders and regulatory agencies involved. All work performed by Arrowstone is conducted under the bylaws and provisions of the British Columbia Association of Professional Archaeologists (BCAPA). Arrowstone is a member of the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce and is registered to be SAFE certified company (an initiative of the B.C. Forest Safety Council).